We're past the solstice, the shortest day, and heading into the new year. The kids and I have pushed our schedules back, staying up too late and waking when the sun is actually above the horizon. It feels odd to see the sun during the day, I usually drive to work in the dark and come home in the same. I need to start taking my recess or lunch break outside, so get some direct light. It might help with my mood.
Not much has changed in terms of writing since my last post. I'm still barely writing, I don't even have anything to edit really. I keep sending my books out and they keep coming back declined. I don't know what to do there. I've even sent out the one that has been on hold at my publishers for going on 4 years. No communication there again from my editor since his once-a-year group email.
I've had a vague look at my publication stats for 2023. They reflect my apathy and lack of direction for the past year. I don't write to get published, but external validation is part of the process and it helps motivate me. I want to feel a part of the writing community by contributing to it, but lately, I haven't had that.
I hate that I'm so down, it's moved into all aspects of my life and I'm not sure where it stems from and how to change things. Christmas is a tough time for me anyway, being so far from family and friends. I'm hoping 2024 will begin to grow a bit brighter.
No comments:
Post a Comment