Monday, 22 October 2018

Getting Back into the Hard Slog

I took a week off because we had visitors who we took around the area and also over to Estonia, so was very busy, but I managed to scribble notes for a few prompts.

I'm struggling with this session and I don't think it's all down trying to fit poems in between carnivals and ferry cruises. 

While the subject of autumn is one I enjoy, I feel it's too much for so many prompts in a row. I'm feeling like I'm repeating myself a bit, in terms of language as well as imagry. Sometimes it's coincidence, like last week there was a prompt of the language of trees and I wrote a very aural poem. Today's prompt is to write about the sounds of autumn. 

We're just getting into the aging theme and again it's not grabbing me. The tutor is trying to look at the themes from lots of different angles, but I'm finding many just aren't eliciting an immediate response from me like the last session.

This week I'm focussing on writing again, get myself back into it and revisit some of the prompts in the hope of producing something for them. So far I've written 9 poems for 20 prompts which seems much less than last month when I managed 24 out of 30. A lot more focus is needed this week before my next house guest comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment