I've taken some time off from the blog, it was one too many thing to remember and with school ending, two kids' birthdays coming up, something had to give. I've stopped writing a poem a day as well. I'm reading, writing when I want, gardening, baking birthday cakes, crocheting like a mad demon (one square left to finish this beast, I'm not going to think about the joining yet). It's nice to take a break from the things I've pressured myself to do.
I like to keep busy, need to have projects, but with the summer holidays starting, it's nice to take a break before shifting into a new direction. I have my course assignments to work on this summer, so need to get reading for those. I want to keep writing daily if possible, I've always got a mess of unfinished prompts from courses if needed.
I feel like I should be doing something bigger, though. My pamphlet is on hold because of the Corona virus situation, my other collections are sitting in publishers' slush piles. I don't know what I want to do yet, but feel restless. Maybe because I've finished painting my kitchen cabinets and my stairs and sorting my allotment, but it's more writing-wise. I need a new goal. I have no idea what though. So maybe this changing of gears will help me think of something. I even opened one of my novels, messed with the first page and then closed it.
Suggestions on a postcard welcome.
A very new poem published this week. On the website Pendemic that features poetry written during the pandemic, my poem 'Reading 'The Waste Land' Before My Residence Permit Renewal Appointment'. Nothing like a lengthy title.
Thanks to all the editors and staff for working on during these difficult times.
A very new poem published this week. On the website Pendemic that features poetry written during the pandemic, my poem 'Reading 'The Waste Land' Before My Residence Permit Renewal Appointment'. Nothing like a lengthy title.
Thanks to all the editors and staff for working on during these difficult times.
No comments:
Post a Comment