You know
when you've been holding your breath for a long time and you finally let it out
and take a slow breath in. You realise how good it feels, it almost goes to
your head, the beauty of it. Then someone comes along and kicks you in the gut,
taking that breath away just for a moment. It hurts, but it reminds you that breathing is the
best thing ever. Even so, you can't help holding it still for small moments because
you're afraid someone's going to take it away again. Yeah, that. It's been that
sort of complicated, exhausted week. But I'm taking the occasional deep breath
and am ready to move forward full of new energy. Soon it will be easier.
I've
continued with my two GloPoWriMo courses and am trying to write at least one
poem a day. Some days I manage both, some like yesterday when I had my first
day of teaching in forever I managed nothing. So today I made up by finishing one
draft I had started and sketching another rough one. It feels good to keep the
momentum going.
I had a
dream last night that the publisher I sent my collection to last year had
recently responded, but my email had a secret, unsearchable folder it was hiding
things in and I couldn't read it. I hate my technology nightmares. Waiting a
year for a response from a publisher is not unheard of, but it's so frustrating.
I sent a query last month which I also haven't received a response from. I
don't know if there is a problem with my emails or if they're just too busy to
respond or what. I also don't know if I should send another query to their
general email.
I've sent my
collection this week out to another publisher as I've kind of given up hope. I think it's the
third publisher I've tried since I sent to the original one last year. To be
honest, I've given up hope that my preferred publisher will accept it. It's
been a tough year, especially the last six months and I did find myself
clinging onto the hope of an acceptance, but I realise it was silly and I
need to try other places, lots until I find someone who wants to publish it. So exhale and move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment